How to Create a Compelling Black Friday Email Design
Black Friday has meant huge discounts, crowds, and even fights over a favorite product. Fortunately, shopping today can be done in a couple of clicks, without even getting off the couch. The most powerful marketing tool for this event is a newsletter. According to the Optinmonster, 60% of consumers subscribe to a newsletter to get promotional information. How should it look like, and what should you write to get more customers. This article will help you write a catchy text and show you the best Black Friday newsletter email design!
Many stores are hesitant to give serious discounts and use Black Friday as a marketing ploy. It works 1 or 2 times, and then the clients stop believing.
If you did it at least once, you need to recover your reputation for Black Friday. I’ll help with ideas for email newsletters if you are preparing honest promotions.
Black Friday is a great opportunity to get several times more revenue in one day, promote your store, and expand your customer base. Alas, businesses often go into the red due to: improper planning and a small increase in profits. All of it discourages spending resources on participation in the next year.
In this guide, I have collected all the important aspects to consider to make Black Friday a positive experience for your email marketing strategy:
- What Do We Write in Promotional Mailings?
- Effective Black Friday Marketing Strategies
- Why Do You Need a New Template With Black Friday Email Template?
- Best Black Friday Email Designs
This guide is suitable for:
- entrepreneurs (small and medium-sized businesses);
- web designers.
The focus is on business aspects and contextual advertising. Each section contains ideas for implementation and specific tools. So, keep it up and continue reading to find out all the necessary information.
What Do We Write in Promotional Mailings?
Big discounts are the main feature of Black Friday email design. The opportunity to save money will become even more attractive for subscribers if you add a gift to the discounts and write about it in the subject line.
Better a chain of letters than one letter
If you send just one letter, then there is a high probability that it will get lost among others. Try to start a chain of 3 letters.
The standard chain option includes:
- The first letter is a notification about the imminent start.
- The second letter - the sale has begun.
- The third letter is a reminder of the completion of the sale in a couple of hours.
Promo 1: The most important thing in a letter is the title or subject of the message. How you write it will greatly influence the success of the sale. So take the time to find these perfect five to seven words.
While you might not get too creative with sales, usually something like “Black Friday: up to 50% off electronics!” is enough. Anyone who needs electronics is not interested in your creativity — only the discount, assortment, and delivery size. And with those who do not need electronics, creativity will certainly not help.
The main thing is to write as little as possible and only important information.
Inside the letter, announce the sale VERY Briefly:
- what is it called;
- what can you save well on thanks to it;
- a call to hurry up to buy a product with a good discount.
Promo 2 and 3: You remind us that the sale will end soon, and again add a list of products and discounts.
Ideas for Advertising Texts
Here I've collected for you the most catchy texts for Black Friday email design. I hope it'll get you some inspiration:)
- Black Friday -20% + free shipping.
- The Black Friday Bestsellers we've picked just for you!
- Today at midnight.
- Secret Sale - How Much Will You Save?
- Last 24 hours! Discounts - 80% and a gift.
- Black Friday has begun! The lowest prices of the year and the drawing of a certificate for annual shopping!
- Black Friday Magic: -30% and a free bag.
- Gift Ideas for her. Discounts up to 60%.
- Something big is coming ...
- Promotion on Black Friday: a gift for ANY purchase.
Tip! Don't get hung up on discounts. Prepare something useful for your subscribers. These can be tips on how to save even more, personalized picks, or gift ideas.
Effective Black Friday Marketing Strategies
1. The most popular solution is to offer free shipping.
Everybody loves free shipping. Moreover, people are ready to spend more to get it for free. For instance, you can offer “free shipping for purchase from $100”.
2. Encourage your customers to tell other people about your offerings.
Your customers can be the best brand ambassadors. Here are a few ways to include referral programs in your campaign:
- Resharing bonus points;
- Gift cards;
- Contests with hashtags on social networks.
3. Create Black Friday package deals.
When you offer big discounts, people always want to buy more - mostly products that match their interests:
- A discounted set of 3-4 or more products that people usually use together;
- Everyday goods;
During holiday shopping, people try to stock up on necessary or favorite things (set of holiday chocolates, 12 pairs of winter socks, or 20 discounted AAA batteries)
Often people buy accessory kits, such as gaming mice with a laptop, a telephoto lens with a camera, and protective glass with a mobile phone.
- "Frequently Bought Together";
T-shirts and shorts, silver knives and forks, several J.K. Rowling books — some items are a great combo!
4. Offer more to your loyal customers.
- Special points,
- Early Access to Black Friday Sale.
5. Promote Black Friday Campaigns on Social Media.
This is a must-have tool for modern marketing. Just don’t forget about it.
6. The countdown timer.
Use a countdown timer to create a sense of urgency. The ticking clock motivates not to postpone an interesting offer for later.
7. Use ready-made templates.
DO you have time pressure? Try to shorten email production times where possible without compromising your email campaign. One of the time-consuming steps is creating a template. Use ready-made newsletter templates.
Why Do You Need a New Template With Black Friday Email Design?
According to Adobe statistics, people spend over 2 hours a day checking their email, so make it worthy! If you already have one =>
Here is a list of the main reasons to get a new design:
- Website redesign. Your newsletter page should suit a new style.
- Implementation of email marketing or transition to a new platform. In my practice, we often encounter both requests to create a landing page for Black Friday from scratch and transfer letters from other services.
- Update. Existing email templates need an update from time to time. So that subscribers can see that your brand is evolving and the emails don't get boring.
- Adaptability. Today's people use phones twice as often than computers.
- Adding new elements. Technologies do not stand still. Optimizing your template is a good chance to stand out from the competition.
Best Black Friday Email Designs
I’ve picked 10 modern newsletter templates for Black Friday sale. Many of them are easy and universal to use. The price starts at $ 14.
What are you paying for?
- Completely ready-made template for integration into the mailing system.
- Cross-browser compatibility.
- Responsive design.
- Verified HTML and CSS.
- Information support in the form of documents.
- Ability to work with PSD files and edit them.
Black Friday Responsive Email + StampReady Builder Newsletter Template
As you see, it has a ready-to-use design for the Black Friday newsletter. You can easily tell about one of the most anticipated sales of the year using this multipurpose template. You will be able to advertise any goods. Besides, it has eye-catching colors that will attract your readers' attention and make them open it.
- responsive design;
- clean source code;
- compatible with most popular email platforms;
- convenient width for all email clients.
Black Friday - Email Newsletter Template
It is a convenient template for most popular sales such as Christmas, CyberMonday, etc. You can set up your personalized mailing list easily using Stampready. This template is responsive to editing and open source so that you can spend a minimum of time on each email.
- MailChimp ready;
- an extensive set of unique modules;
- fully responsive design;
- email support.
Black Friday – Multipurpose Responsive Newsletter Template
This template fits great for any fall and winter holiday sale. Moreover, the multipurpose design is suitable for fashion, lifestyle, or any other shopping. It will be possible to add a logo, any promotional products, video, or animation to the letter. It is all up to your imagination.
- 4 different files for creating letters;
- responsive design, perfectly adaptable to specific email newsletter needs;
- major email client support;
- drag and drop customization.
BigSale Newsletter Template
Are you looking for something simple but worthy of your e-commercial website? Try this three-column email design. It is completely modern and user-friendly. Customers will open emails because they are attention-grabbing, targeted, and contain useful information.
- suits for other sales;
- compatible with Mymail and Mailister;
- Help document;
- Major mail clients;
- flexible table structure with a new coding style.
Life Style - Responsive Email Newsletter Template
It is a simple but creative fashion responsive email template. You can use it for any purpose, and it will still be catchy. Just change and customize necessary text and pictures with a drag-and-drop builder.
- Major browsers;
- Email support;
- MailChimp and StampReady compatibility.
Mobile Store Newsletter Template
This is the simplest email design for an electronics store. It is suitable for regular alerts or a small promotion.
In this template, you can easily tell about your campaign, products, or services. The main difference between this letter and the previous one is that you can use it as a landing page.
- Fully responsive design;
- major mail clients;
- Valid coding;
- Crossbrowser compatibility.
White Mails - 16+ Unique Multi Purpose Newsletter Template
The multipurpose bundle is great for creative people. Over 16 email templates. It refers to corporate variations that are suitable for promotional email campaigns. It is great for corporate, lifestyle, office, and marketing purposes.
- customization without coding skills;
- the ability to save the template for later use in the email builder;
- compatible with major marketing platforms.
Shopping - Multipurpose Responsive Newsletter Template
Shopping template is a well-structured email design that suits great for implementing Black Friday sales. This template is responsive so that it will be comfortable for any device. It is a ready-made solution for business that helps to set up mailing quickly.
- compatible with MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, etc;
- unique modules;
- Works with WordPress plugins;
- a huge number of colors.
Apparel Responsive Newsletter Template
This template design is great for those who seek to think over their corporate identity. Thanks to the Apparel template, your newsletter will stand out among others. It is modern and responsive and suits for any fashion store.
- 1 column;
- compatibility with Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.
- responsive design;
Sale - Responsive Newsletter Template
The last template on our list is fully customizable to fit your needs. Thus it allows you to give target recipients what they want to see in the newsletter. The received letter will want to open and read. And of course, it includes all the necessary features.
- optimized source code;
- compatibility with the most popular mailing tools;
- drag and drop builder;
- easy installation.
To sum up,
Most templates for Black Friday emails have a black design. It rhymes with reason and does not distract from the offer. So, it calls to action. The emphasis is on the size of the discount, the duration of the promotion, and other important information.
Simple rules for creating a Black Friday email design:
- Make all email elements mobile responsive.
- Maintain a 60/40 ratio of images to text.
- Formulate a clear and understandable call to action.
With the right strategy and at the right time, you can achieve great results in holiday marketing. Start preparing today for a great holiday season!
BFCM Toolbox Or How to Prepare Your Business For Black Friday
Best Black Friday Graphics for Your Projects
Best Black Friday Landing Pages at Your Service
Top 20 Black Friday Icons Sets for Your Projects